JGaulard

JGaulard

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sr. Site Supporter
Power User
Reaction Score
My name is Jay Gaulard. I live in Maine, USA and I am a man of many interests. Back when I was younger, I was primarily interested in education, which is seemingly strange because I barely graduated high school. That's no exaggeration. I really did only graduate because of a few additional points one very generous teacher bestowed upon me. Within a few years of graduation and after a fair amount of maturity, I managed to find my way into Westchester Community College in New York, where three and a half years later, I was awarded an A.A.S. degree in Business Administration. After graduating from Westchester, I transferred into Binghamton University's business program where I earned a B.S. from their School of Management. During my time in that program, I focused on Operations and Strategic Management. One more year off and I returned to Binghamton to complete their MBA program where I focused on Leadership. That sure does seem like a lot of coursework, but it really didn't end there. Over the past 20 years, I've taken countless online courses that range anywhere from project management to philosophy to creative writing. I love learning and I hope to continue on this path until the day I die.

That's enough of that. Let's get to the fun stuff. Back in 2007, I earned 35 hours of flight time at a local flying school in Montgomery, New York. During my lessons, I enjoyed my first solo, which in the flight world is a huge deal. It's basically the very first time an aspiring pilot flies the airplane all by him or herself, without an instructor present. I did this and then continued flying alone many times after that. I'm also interested in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, a sport in which I've been training for the past 12 years. In 2020, I received my black belt, which was an incredible honor. Since 2016, I've taught others this wonderful skill as an instructor in Maine.

Back in 2012, I bought an Epiphone guitar with the intention of learning how to play it. I bought all of the necessary gear and coursework and went at it. It only took six months for me to realize that I was in no way, shape, or form a guitarist, so I quit. There is one thing I did learn during this experience though and it's that a guitar isn't an easy instrument to play. Shamefully, I even used the excuse of a hurt finger from Jiu-Jitsu class as a reason to quit. I never quite got over that failure.

In 2017, I still couldn't shake the feeling that I had somehow given up the guitar playing too easily. During the six months that I did play, I played somewhat well, given my experience level. With this in mind, I decided to pick the instrument back up to see if I could continue where I had left off. Well, that was back in 2017 and I'm happy to report that I'm still playing just about every single night today. I even bought a brand new Martin DRS2 Road Series guitar, which is just about the most magical thing I've ever heard. I have come a very long way in the past few years and can now play somewhat reasonably well. I would never allow anyone to hear me of course because I'll never think I'm very good. But really, I'm getting there.

I love to write. Since 2004, I've written well over 3,000 very high quality blog posts on a number of blogs, I as well as others I've owned. In 2013, I completed a novella that I had been working on, off and on, for about two years. It's approximately 35 pages long and it was an emotional endeavor to get through. It's a wonderful story.

I also love working online. In 2004, I launched a cluster of websites that had become wildly successful. I've been working online since that time and have never looked back. It's where I see myself for the long haul. I simply know too much to do anything else. Plus, working online is addictive.

Needless to say, I've been around quite a bit. I like to take on big challenges just for the sport of it. I adore helping others who are interested in some of the same things I am, so if you have a question or two, please let me know. I'd be excited to help any way I can.

Here are some entertaining photos. Enjoy!

PS - You can also learn a lot more on my About page and Jiu-Jitsu post, if you're interested.

jay-beard-two-months.jpg

jay-bookstore.jpg

jay-firewood.jpg

jay-guitar.jpg

jay-jiu-jitsu.jpg

Reactions: Phoenix1