Search

Forwarding a Domain in GoDaddy

• Thread starter KristinaW
  • Start date
KristinaW

KristinaW

Reaction Score
I have a domain that I registered with GoDaddy a long time ago, but haven't ever used. I was thinking that instead of just having it sitting there doing nothing, I could forward it to one of my other websites that's actually live on the internet. Does GoDaddy offer a forwarding service? If so, how can I forward my unused domain to a website?

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Reaction Score
Yes, GoDaddy does offer a domain forwarding service, but you may want to take a look at this post before using it:

https://gaulard.com/forum/threads/8/

I'm not sure if it's worth it.

If you still want to go ahead with forwarding (or redirecting) your unused domain name from GoDaddy, then you'll need to:

1. Log into your GoDaddy account and click on the Domain Manager link at the top of the page and then the Domain option in the drop-down.

godaddy-domain-manager-link-dropdown.gif

2. When you see the list of your domains, click on the one to which you'd like to add the redirect.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the next page. You should see a list of links like this:

godaddy-dns-link-list.gif

4. Click on the link that says Manage DNS.

5. On the next page, scroll to the bottom and look for an area like this:

godaddy-forwarding-domain.gif

6. In the Domain section, click the Add link.

7. When you do that, a collection of settings will appear. Fill in the field with your information and then, when finished, click the Save button.

godaddy-domain-forwarding-settings.gif

When complete, your unused domain should forward to your website. For more information, you may visit GoDaddy's support page on this topic:

https://my.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123

Like I alluded to above, this service doesn't forward over SSL, so you'll likely receive an error message in Chrome and similar browsers.