Search

How Do I Import StudioPress Theme Demo Content?

• Thread starter KristinaW
  • Start date
KristinaW

KristinaW

Reaction Score
I just installed a StudioPress theme for my blog and it looks absolutely nothing like the demo version on their website did. It's plain and there are no pages or filled in widgets or anything. I don't even know where to begin. I'm new at WordPress and themes and all that and I could use some guidance. I have heard that there's a way to basically create everything the demo version displayed, but on my site. Does anyone know how to do that?

KodyWallice

KodyWallice

Reaction Score
I believe what I'm about to tell you works with themes other than only those made by StudioPress, but I may be wrong. I've only done this with StudioPress themes. It works well and will set your website up exactly like the demo version on their site. All the process requires is a plugin.

1. Okay, first, log into your WordPress admin panel.

2. Next, navigate to Plugins > Add New.

wordpress-plugins-add-new.gif

3. Use the plugin search bar to search for the One Click Demo Data by OCDI plugin (I believe this was once created by someone else).

4. When the plugin appears in the search results, click the Install Now and then Activate buttons.

one-click-demo-import-ocdi-wordpress-plugin.gif

5. Next, navigate to Appearance > Import Demo Data.

6. At this point, you should land on the plugin page. If there are required plugins for your theme, you should receive a notice that you need to install them. Do that and then return to this page if they haven't yet been installed. When ready, click the Import Demo Data button on the plugin page. Please note that doing this will completely populate your website with the same data that was used in the demo version of the theme. If you've already created pages and content, it may be overwritten, so it's important that you use this importer before you do anything else with your site.

7. If you receive error messages below the button as the importer does it's thing, it's most likely safe to ignore them. They're created because you don't have the WooCommerce plugin installed. If you don't' receive any error messages, you may already have that plugin installed. You would surely know this.

8. Once the plugin has completed importing the data, go ahead and check out your website. You should see a completed piece of art.

9. From there, you'll need to begin editing the content and pages to make the site customized to your needs.

If there's anything else you need help with, please ask.