Google Search Console Total Crawl Requests

• Thread starter Alfuzzy
  • Start date
A

Alfuzzy

Site Supporter
Reaction Score
JGaulard said:
By the way, look what's happening to my 200 OK crawl rate. It's rising because I think Google is now valuing the site more. The traffic is slowly falling though, but I suspect that's because the old crud is being removed. It'll definitely take a Google update to see any positive changes. Hopefully.

crawl-rate-200.gif

Super duper! I'm assuming we're talking about the upturn in the graph from late December, 2021 onward? Let's hope it keeps going!:)

1. The "Total Crawl Requests" value of 43.8k...is that the sum total of the whole graph (3 months)?
2. When we look at the Total Crawl Requests number...what does that term mean exactly (if you know). Who's doing the "requesting"? Are we talking Google itself...or we talking "Requests" are from users on the internet via Google search engine requests (which can be related to site traffic)?

Thanks,

Nick

p.s. Quoted this info from another thread:

https://gaulard.com/forum/threads/91/

JGaulard

JGaulard

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sr. Site Supporter
Power User
Reaction Score
Alfuzzy said:
Super duper! I'm assuming we're talking about the upturn in the graph from late December, 2021 onward? Let's hope it keeps going!
Yes. I am hoping that upturn is because Googlebot isn't crawling the 403 pages anymore.

Alfuzzy said:
The "Total Crawl Requests" value of 43.8k...is that the sum total of the whole graph (3 months)?
I'm pretty sure it is.

Alfuzzy said:
When we look at the Total Crawl Requests number...what does that term mean exactly (if you know). Who's doing the "requesting"? Are we talking Google itself...or we talking "Requests" are from users on the internet via Google search engine requests (which can be related to site traffic)?
The "Total Crawl Requests" refers to how many times Googlebot requested a page or a file on a domain and, in this case, was successful in doing so (hence the 200 OK). Everything in this graph has to do with Googlebot and crawling, not visitors or anything like that.

I hope this helps!