How Do I Change the Logo on My XenForo Forum?

• Thread starter LukeLewis
  • Start date
LukeLewis

LukeLewis

I just installed a XenForo forum and I'm having a heck of a time trying to change the logo to something other than the XenForo one the software comes shipped with. Does anyone know how to do this?

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

LukeLewis said:
I just installed a XenForo forum and I'm having a heck of a time trying to change the logo to something other than the XenForo one the software comes shipped with. Does anyone know how to do this?
What I did on mine was just create a new logo and upload it to the server. I didn't want to make the logo too big, so I kept the dimensions at 200x60. It fits nicely in the top bar. I believe the top bar will change size in accordance with the logo size, so don't worry about that. I know of some WordPress themes that require a very specific size for their logos. That's not the case here. If you want to change sizes with them, you'll need to edit the CSS file to accommodate.

Anyway, after your logo is made, upload it to the /styles/default/xenforo/ directory, or, if you installed your forum in a /forum/ or /community/ directory, upload it to the /forum/styles/default/xenforo/ or /community/styles/default/xenforo/ directories, respectively. You can actually upload it anywhere you'd like on your server, but this is the directory the default XenForo logo is held, so I think it's smart to stay consistent.

Next, log in to your administration panel and browse to the Appearance > Style Properties > Basic Options area. There, you'll see a Logo URL field. You'll need to input the path to your logo in the field.

xenforo-logo-url-field.jpg

If you don't want to change the URL in this field, you could always simply overwrite the XenForo logo file itself. That's named "xenforo-logo.png."

How Do I Change the Logo on My XenForo Forum? was posted on 05-07-2021 by LukeLewis in the XenForo forum.