Search

XenForo: How to Change Logo

• Thread starter LukeLewis
  • Start date
LukeLewis

LukeLewis

Reaction Score
I just installed a XenForo forum and I'm having a heck of a time trying to change the logo to something other than the XenForo one the software comes shipped with. Does anyone know how to do this?

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Reaction Score
LukeLewis said:
I just installed a XenForo forum and I'm having a heck of a time trying to change the logo to something other than the XenForo one the software comes shipped with. Does anyone know how to do this?
What I did on mine was just create a new logo and upload it to the server. I didn't want to make the logo too big, so I kept the dimensions at 200x60. It fits nicely in the top bar. I believe the top bar will change size in accordance with the logo size, so don't worry about that. I know of some WordPress themes that require a very specific size for their logos. That's not the case here. If you want to change sizes with them, you'll need to edit the CSS file to accommodate.

Anyway, after your logo is made, upload it to the /styles/default/xenforo/ directory, or, if you installed your forum in a /forum/ or /community/ directory, upload it to the /forum/styles/default/xenforo/ or /community/styles/default/xenforo/ directories, respectively. You can actually upload it anywhere you'd like on your server, but this is the directory the default XenForo logo is held, so I think it's smart to stay consistent.

Next, log in to your administration panel and browse to the Appearance > Style Properties > Basic Options area. There, you'll see a Logo URL field. You'll need to input the path to your logo in the field.

xenforo-logo-url-field.jpg

If you don't want to change the URL in this field, you could always simply overwrite the XenForo logo file itself. That's named "xenforo-logo.png."

WendyMay

WendyMay

Reaction Score

How Do I Change the Logo on My XenForo Forum?​

I have a question. I recently purchased a license of XenForo and installed it on my hosting account. I then ran the installation and the site is all set up and ready to be customized. I'm now working my way through the admin panel to make any changes I deem necessary. Most of them are easy, but I'm wondering how to change the logo. I obviously don't want to keep the logo that came with the software. Anyone know how to do this?

CraigHardy

CraigHardy

Reaction Score
All of the header logo settings can be accessed at the following location in the admin panel:

Appearance > Style Properties > Basic Options

Once inside that page, you'll see the path to the header logo. In the Logo URL field, you can change the path to anything you'd like. In a fresh install, the logo is held in the "styles/default/xenforo/" directory. You'll see the XenForo logo file at the end of that path. To change the logo, all you need to do is create a new file and upload it to the same (or whichever you choose) directory. Then, go back to this page and update the Logo URL field with your new filename. So it would look something like this:

styles/default/xenforo/new-forum-logo.png

To change the size of the logo, I believe all you need to do is make the new logo larger or smaller and it will change automatically on the software. You don't need to update any dimensions anywhere. On the same page, you may also add paths to the 2x logo URL, Metadata Logo URL, Favicon URL (32x32), and the Push notification badge URL.

If you're planning on changing the height of the logo so it's greater than 200 pixels or whatever it's set to, you may need to add some code to the extra-less file, found in the template area (Appearance > Templates > extra.less)

Code:
.p-header-logo.p-header-logo--image img {
    max-width: 100% !important;
    max-height: 200px !important;
}

Just update the above code with whatever you need.

Also, if you're using a CDN like Cloudflare, you'll need to log into your Cloudflare account of whatever account you're using and clear the cache of the current logo file. If you're naming your new logo file the same at the original, it'll be cached within Cloudflare's servers and even if you press the F5 button on your keyboard, it'll never refresh in your browser. Clear the cache and the new one should show. Also, you probably won't get the logo right the first time, so it'll be important to keep clearing the Cloudflare cache as you're uploading new versions of the logo to test. Just a tip from my own experience.