Search

Creating Pages in WordPress

• Thread starter CampFireJack
  • Start date
CampFireJack

CampFireJack

Reaction Score
I think I already know how to do this, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Can someone please give me instructions for creating new pages in WordPress? It looks like a straightforward process. A step-by-step "how to create a page in WordPress" guide would be nice. Thanks.

Cameron

Cameron

Reaction Score
There's really no trick to creating new pages. All you need to do is log into your site's admin page and then navigate to Pages > Add New. If using Gutenberg, the next page will offer you an area to type a title and a paragraph. You can use blocks to add images, columns, and other things too, but that's really a topic for another post. Also, if you have Yoast SEO installed, you'll also see a few fields below where you can add focus keywords as well as meta information.

wordpress-add-new-page.gif

The screenshot above is the mobile view. On the desktop view, you'd see a right column, where you can choose which author created the page, permalink, etc... To access that right column while in the mobile view, simply click the gear icon at the top of the page. That will open an overlay that contains the content of that missing column.

When you're finished making the page and filling in all the SEO information, click the blue Publish button at the top of the page. Once that's done, you should be able to add the page to a menu.