Search

Napoleon Dynamite - Ending Scene

• Thread starter 15Katey
  • Start date
15Katey

15Katey

Reaction Score
One of my favorite movies of all time is Napoleon Dynamite. I know, I know…either you love this movie or you don’t. I happen to love it and I’ll let you in on a little secret. The more you watch it, the more you notice. By the twentieth time, you’ll appreciate the movie a heck of a lot more than you did the first time.

There are many great things about this movie, but I think there is general agreement that the best part is the ending scene (and the song at the end). A few things happen. First, there is a sort of closure. Second, there is a tether ball game, and third, there is some awesome music.

I happen to be a big 80s music fan, so it’s no surprise that “When In Rome – The Promise” is tops on my list. 80s fans love that song. Watch the video and I think you’ll agree.

When In Rome – The Promise

Another, but less known song is also in the ending scene of Napoleon Dynamite. This is the end song that’s right before “The Promise.” It’s called, “Music For A Found Harmonium.” I’m not sure who wrote this last song, but I find it very satisfying. There are actually many versions of this song on the internet, but one I really like is by the “Penguin Cafe Orchestra.” I think the organ gets a workout during this one.

Patrick Street – Music for a Found Harmonium

Basically, what happens in this final scene and the music they chose to use for it are my reasons for loving it so much. If you have anything to add, please leave a comment.

EmeraldHike

EmeraldHike

Reaction Score
Hi Katey, I’m also a big Napoleon Dynamite fan. In this post you refer to the final scene as a tetherball game. I watched the movie again tonight and after it ended I let the credits roll through the end. Then, after going black for 10 seconds, another scene pops up. It’s the FINAL- final scene and Kip marries Lafawnduh. I saw it for the first time tonight, and I was SOOO excited. It’s a 5 minute treasure and worth watching if you haven’t already discovered it. - Em

15Katey

15Katey

Reaction Score
Hi Em!

I just want you to know that I’m singing the “I Love Technology” song as I write this reply to you. I have seen the clip you are referring to. Isn’t it awesome? I guess my post would be more accurate if I titled it, “The Scene Before the Ending Scene of Napoleon Dynamite.” It’s too late for that though. Thanks for the comment and the reminder of this neat movie. I do love it. It’s one of my favorites.

Katey

EmeraldHike

EmeraldHike

Reaction Score
I just found a video of this scene - the tetherball one where Napoleon plays against Deb.

And here's where Napoleon rides in on horseback.

And finally, this is when Kip and Lafawnduh get married. Well, when Kip sings to her (the I Love Technology song).