• Thread starter Admin
  • Start date
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

Welcome to the Gaulard Discussion Board, a Forum for All​

I'd like to take a moment to welcome you to our community forum. I think of this as an independent community. As in independent from all the rest. New. Exciting. A place with its own rules. A place that's moderated to keep the discourse polite and well oiled - so it moves right along. I like any websites I work on or with to function well and I plan on keeping that way of thinking applied to this website.

There are already quite a few threads and posts on this part of the website that have dedicated themselves to various industries around the world and I'd like to encourage that. The nooks we build on this board are what's going to keep this place interesting. I'd like to see you time and time again, so if you so desire, go ahead and start your own nook (thread) to get the ball rolling. The more interesting and captivating, the better.

So that's what I've got for this moment in time. I've gone ahead and built a new discussion board that I welcome you to partake in. It's slick, easy to use, and it's got tons of great features. Let me know what you think down below.

Jay

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Upload a Forum Profile Banner​

We've got a very cool new feature here on the forum. You can now upload what's referred to as a Profile Banner to make your account a lot more exciting. This is sort of the same thing that you can do with your Facebook and Twitter accounts, to name a few. By the way, if you haven't followed me on Facebook and Twitter yet, please do. I put the links in the previous sentence.

Anyway, to add a profile banner to your account, click your username up at the top of the page. Then, click the Account Details link.

account-details.gif

On your account details page, you'll see an Edit Profile Banner button. Just click that, find the image you'd like to upload on your device, and then upload it. It's that simple.

edit-profile-banner.gif

This is what the Admin account's profile banner on this site looks like:

profile.gif

And what's even cooler is that when someone rolls over your account link on any page here on the forum, they'll see your new image as well.

Give it a shot and let me know how you like it or if you need any help. I'd be happy to offer my assistance.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

Why are Forum Signatures Important?​

To cut to the chase, your forum signature is important to get credit for all the hard work you've put into sharing your brilliant forum posts. If you think about it, almost everyone online has something they'd like to tell others about. Whether it be a Facebook or Youtube page, a company website, a page that discusses services they offer, or an Instagram stream, we're always in search of our next online visitor. If someone is a frequent contributor to a very popular forum, it would be in their best interest to include a well crafted signature that will sit below each and every one of their posts. I mean, while some of us are completely altruistic and enjoy writing on other peoples' websites, the rest of us need to be smart and take advantage of free advertising where we can. After all, by contributing to a forum, you're helping the owner of said forum. It's only right that you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I frequent many forums each and every day. I read hundreds and hundreds of posts. I've come to know who's been posting over the years and I've come to trust them greatly. If they've got a signature sharing their name and perhaps what services they offer, that's all the better. If they include a link to their website, I'll click that link to visit them. It's all about relationships, so if you are a frequent contributor to the Gaulard Forum, go ahead and include a nice signature in your account area. Brag about who you are and what you can offer. Readers will likely appreciate that.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

What are Profile Posts?​

The profile post function is actually a very cool feature of upper level forum software. Members tend to fall in love with it once they learn how it works. They come to appreciate the function's power. Let me explain.

In some forums, there are power players who have built up huge reputations. So much so, in fact, that they've got a whole bunch of followers who are interested in them more than they are in the forum as a whole. For instance, let's say that Bono from U2 joined a popular forum and began writing about his own life as opposed to contributing to the community as a whole. He would use the profile post area in his account to do this. On our website, to access your own profile posts, simply click your username up at the top of the site and then click your blue username link once the small dropdown opens. This might look different on mobile; I don't know. I can't test it right now. Anyway, profile posts are like Facebook posts. They're sort of like your very own timeline. So if Bono was writing posts about his life, other members could follow him to keep up with what he writes. They could even respond to what he shares and react to his posts as well. It's like a mini forum inside a larger one. The reason this is so helpful is that much of what folks share under their accounts isn't really for general consumption. There are oftentimes no forum areas to post a rolling commentary to. I've actually seen some really great postings that were limited to the profile post areas of long time forum members.

I know this may take some getting use to. Play around with your own profile posts and just ask if you have any questions. Again, think of these things as something similar to a Facebook timeline. They're pretty much the same thing.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

Web App + Other Improvements​

XenForo really knocked the ball out of the park with their latest update. If you aren't aware, XenForo is the developer who builds the software upon which this forum runs. From what I've read, a few of the top developers at vBulletin left their posts around 2010 to start their own firm. That firm was XenForo and what they've accomplished since is simply phenomenal. The forum software they offer is unparalleled. It's incredible. But really, I've said too much. Needless to say, I'm happy with it.

While you might not notice much of a difference while browsing this website, let me tell you that behind the scenes a lot is going on. Since I upgraded this website from version 2.1.1 to 2.2.1 this week, I've discovered tons of new goodies that I'll be playing with over the next few months and announcing here as they come online. I would like to mention one goodie that I've already gone ahead and set up already though and that's what's referred to as a Progressive Web App. If you aren't familiar with that term, no problem. I had no idea what it was a few days ago either. To sum it up, a progressive web app sits right between a regular app that you'd download from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store and a website. It's actually not much more than a website that's built for mobile and that you can download an icon for on your phone home screen or your computer desktop. It's pretty cool. So basically, if you install the web app for this website, you'll be adding an Gaulard icon to your home screen that you can click to open this site. The site will open just as an app would and you'll be able to browse the site and do everything you normally would.

How do you install our new web app? That's easy. If you're using Chrome on a desktop, you can click the small + icon that sits on the right side of your address bar. Once you do that, you'll be presented with an option to install. If you're using an Android device, visit this site in the browser and then touch the menu that consists of three small dots in the upper right portion of that browser. From there, again, you'll be given the opportunity to install. I'm still trying to determine how to install the app from Apple products such as the iPhone, etc...and when I figure that out, I'll let you know. If you figure it out before I do, please let me know below. Thanks!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

Forum Writers Wanted​

Have you ever launched a forum and asked yourself how you're going to make it popular? I have. I launched this forum a while back. I knew what I wanted out of it and I had a plan for how to make all my wildest dreams come true. Basically, forums, blogs, social media sites, and all the rest are based on content. On any new website, the most important thing to do is to fill it up with interesting and engaging text that folks around the world will want to get in on and contribute to. Content that begs to be responded to. In my opinion, that would be content of technical nature, help type posts, and the like. Content, content, content. Day after day after day. That's the recipe that makes a good forum thrive.

I'm only one guy. Sure, I've already got lots of friends who contribute to this forum, but I need more. I need writers who are willing to write for me, a forum writing collaboration, if you will. In return, I'll write for you. Do you own a forum? Are you trying to build it up? Are you looking for writers? If so, I invite you to register for this forum and begin responding to some posts that have already been created. I also invite you to create new threads that are interesting to you. When you do this, let me know that you've done it. After I receive your message, I'll go ahead and register for your forum and offer just as much insight as you've offered here. It'll be a trade of sorts. So instead of bugging friends and family and badgering them to write for your forum (and mine), we'll use each other to create beautifully written content ourselves. I'm a writer by nature and I can comment on just about anything. It'll be a win-win. Let me know if you're interested.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

What is a Discussion Forum?​

First of all, I'd like to welcome you to our forum! It's an honor to have you here and I truly hope you find what you're looking for.

For many of you, a forum is a new concept. For others, forums are old news. The truth of the matter is, discussion forums have been on the web pretty much since its inception and they're still extremely popular today. Many of the largest and most popular websites on the internet use forums as part of their community strategies. They're helpful, instill a feeling of connectedness and simply put, they get the job done. Forums can be used for anything from discussion boards to classifieds to product listings. They're versatile, to say the least.

So, what exactly is a forum? Here it is; a forum is a place where users can go to make posts about topics they care about. Others can read those posts and contribute to them. What we do as administrators is create general categories for these posts and topics to fall into. For examples of these categories, just visit the homepage of this website and look at the section headings. You're actually inside a category right now. It's called "Community." The "Forum" you're in is called "Announcements" and the "Thread" you're in is called "Forum FAQ +". So categories are the largest areas on the website, with forums coming in second and threads coming in third. Finally, inside of each thread are individual posts. What you're reading is a post. If you decide to reply to this post, your reply would be considered a post. It's that simple.

Discussion forums are sort of like social media websites. They have the capability of allowing people to follow certain contributors (members), follow individual posts or threads and even connect with members by starting private conversations with them in a more personal way. The best part of a forum though is accomplishing a goal. If you have a question about something, you can simply register for an account and post that question in the applicable category and forum. If you want to sell something, again, post what you have for sale. If you think you can help someone with an answer or piece of advice, you can post that too. I think you'll find extraordinary value in a website such as this and I would really love to see you contribute to the community. I've personally used many different types of forums through the years and I found them exceptional at what they're offered.

If you have any questions regarding this website or its operation, please reply below. I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Register For an Account​

I have this website set up with safety and avoiding spam in mind. One of the measures I take to keep these discussion forums as high quality as possible is to ask users to register for an account before making any posts. If users didn't register, I can only imagine how much junk would find its way onto these boards. As long as there's a registered user's account connected to any bad posts that are reported or seen, I can easily remove that account to remove all the posts in one fell swoop. Anyway, that's the reasoning for making people sign up for accounts before contributing any content.

How to Register

To register, simply click the Register link at the top of the website. When you do that, a box will appear that asks you for the username you're like to use for your account, your email address, the password you'd like to use for your account as well as a form of verification. Currently, this website uses Google's CAPTCHA verification, which is the easiest available. You don't need to type in any weird looking numbers or letters. All you need to do is check a box.

Once you agree to the terms of service and privacy policy by checking the appropriate box, you'll need to click on the Register button. If there are any issues with the username you've chosen, you'll be told about that at this point. Otherwise, a confirmation email will be sent to the address you just used. Please be sure to check your spam folder for this confirmation email. For some reason, they end up in there a lot. After you open the email message, click the confirmation link, return to this website and begin writing posts.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Edit a Post​

We've seen a trend occurring here on Gaulard.com Forum where someone starts a new thread, writes what they'd like to write and then submits it for approval. We approve the thread and then we see another thread created a little while later. This new thread is almost identical to the previous one. We then notice that the member deleted the previous thread because they wanted it replaced by the new one. The reason they give for deletion is something like, "Needed to update some information..." or something like that.

I'm here to say that there's no need to delete an existing thread due to updated information. All you need to do is simply edit it. To edit a post inside of a thread, scroll down to the bottom of the thread and then click on the Edit link. From there, the post will become editable once more and you can update whatever you'd like to update. When you're finished, save the post and if it hasn't been approved by us yet, we'll approve it. If it's already been approved, the post will update immediately. It's really that easy, so again, there's no need to delete what you've already created. Simply edit it from now on to update the information contained within it.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

The Basics of Discussion Boards​

The first time I ever visited a discussion board, I was like, "What in the heck is this?" All I saw was a lot of information and I wasn't sure about what to do with that information. It was overwhelming, to say the least. The good thing was, I got used to the format of the website in about five minutes and it's been smooth sailing during every visit to a forum I've made after that first one. I've actually come to love message boards. By the way, the term "message board" and "forum" can be used interchangeably. Discussion board, discussion forum, web forum, message board - they're all the same thing.

The Basics

A discussion board, or web forum, is a place people visit to share knowledge, sell things, buy things and find answers. For more on this, please read through the post called "What is a Discussion Forum?" in this thread.

The board consists of a hierarchy. It goes like this; Overall Message Board > Categories > Forums > Threads > Posts. It's actually quite a simple concept and this concept has been tried and tested for decades now. It's a "mature" concept, if you will, and it's actually been translated into a number of similar concepts on the web, namely social media. If I had to guess, many social media sites owe their beginnings to the humble online message board.

But to be clear, the website you are currently on is considered a message board. You are inside a category that we, as the website administrators, created early on. You're also inside a forum that we created for helping people learn about this website and finally, you're inside of a thread that has to do with discussion board education. This thread is about learning about the basics. There are other threads in this same forum. What you're looking at is called a post. You can reply to this post and your reply would be considered a post too.

Statistics

There are tons of statistics floating around this website. If you visit the homepage, you'll see numbers next to each forum that indicate how many threads there are in each forum and how many messages there are in each as well. Also, if you click into a forum, you can see how many replies the forum has had, along with how many views the forum has seen. These numbers are great to measure progress. As a contributor, these statistics are helpful to follow.

What's also particularly helpful is the date that's displayed near each post. Sometimes, the relevance of the information you read depends on its timeliness. So this is something to keep in mind as you're browsing through categories, threads and posts.

On many pages, you can also see who wrote and contributed/replied to each post. Which member, that is. You can follow this member or send them a private message.

If you're interested in learning much more about the history and operations of web forums, check out Wikipedia's page. It's got tons of great information on it. Of course, Wikipedia discusses website forums as a whole and what we're operating here is a specific brand of forum, but much of what you read over there will help educate you on discussion boards in general.

Moving Around the Discussion Board

If you begin on the forum homepage, you'll have the opportunity to click on any forum you'd like. From there, you'll visit the forum page, where there will be a list of threads. These threads are made up of topics. Also inside of these forum pages can be sub-forums. Consider these as sub-categories. Much like any other sub-category you've ever seen online. You can click to visit them as well.

Forum pages can only hold a certain number of threads. If there are too many, the page becomes too big, so the threads are divided up among different pages. To navigate to these further pages, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click one of the numbers from the list of numbers in the page box. You may also click Next or Previous if available.

If there are too many threads, browsing through them all can become cumbersome. Because of this, the developers of the software have created a method for "filtering" them. To filter a page of threads, click on the Filters link and choose your option. Currently, you can filter a list of threads in ascending or descending order or by Last Message, First Message, Title, Replies, Views or First Message Likes.

filter.jpg

If you see a thread that seems stuck to the top of the forum, that's because it probably is. These threads have a special importance that we as administrators would like to keep visible. We have the ability to stick any post or thread.

Just like sticky threads, we have the ability to lock threads. Locking a thread (shown by a padlock icon) essentially means that it's been shut to further comment. Sometimes, if a thread is locked, it means that there is a more relevant one somewhere else on the site. You may be redirected to that other thread.

Creating & Reading Threads

If you are a member, you may create new threads by visiting the forum of your choice and then clicking on the Post Thread button. Once you do this, a form will appear where you can begin typing. If you click the Post Thread button while on the homepage, a window will appear that contains a list of forums. Choose one of these and proceed.

To read a specific thread and all the posts it includes, simply click on the title of that thread. Inside of the thread, you'll find everything you'll need, including information on the user who created the thread, the date it was created and information on all the users who contributed to it.

member-info.jpg

If you'd like to save the thread for later to keep up on its progress, you can click the Watch Thread link that sits above the thread itself. If you decide that you don't want to watch it anymore, you can always click the Unwatch button.

Replying to a Post

Oftentimes, you're going to want to write something in response to something another user wrote. To reply to a specific post, click the Reply link located in the lower right area of the existing post. You may also include a quote from that post in your reply.

You may also scroll down to the bottom of the thread to make your reply. At the bottom of the thread page is a text box you can fill in. When you're finished typing out your reply, you'll need to click the Post Reply button beneath the box. As you'll see, you can also preview your reply before posting it. To do this, click on the Preview button that's next to the Reply button.

Navigation

Sometimes, navigating through web forums can get confusing; you can get lost. Above the title of each thread on the thread page is a horizontal line of links that tells you where you are. These links are called "breadcrumbs." If you click any of these links in the breadcrumb trail, you'll visit that part of the navigation that brought you to your current location.

Searching the Forums

Searching for information is key when browsing internet discussion boards. To make a search, click the Search button at the top of any page. There are a few available options in the drop-down box that appears. If you're looking for a more detailed and refined search option, you may click the Advanced Search button in the drop-down as well.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

Protecting Yourself in Online Discussion Boards​

Web forums are incredible things. They connect and help people and they can assist with solving a lot of problems. The issue is, much of the time, while browsing around and connecting with others on these types of discussion boards, you really don't have any idea of who it is you're actually connecting with. Sure, they may have uploaded a photo of themselves and they may have created an innocent looking username, but what do you truly know about the person you're dealing with? Unless you know the person in real life, the sad part is, you know nothing about the person you've connected with online. At any moment, anyone can join anything and upload any photo and make up any screen name. That's the truth.

The software we use for these forums is robust and powerful. It includes many features to keep the forums clean and free from spam. What is can't do is a background check on everyone who registers for an account. That's simply impossible, so it's imperative that you know how to stay safe and protect yourself while browsing on and engaging with others on our website.

There are a few rules we'd like you to follow while here:

1. Never give out your personal information. Don't reveal your full name, email address, physical address or phone number. These are things you shouldn't do on the internet anyway, but we felt that we should mention this here, just in case.

2. Establish relationships cautiously. Move slowly when getting to know other users. There's no reason to jump into anything quickly. Trust is earned and before you trust anyone with anything, be sure you know exactly who they are.

3. Report bad actors to us. Bad actors are users who say nasty things to others. They're users who attempt to persuade others into doing things they wouldn't normally do. They bully and threaten and are manipulative. If you come across one or more of these types of people, use the contact form to let us know about it. Just be sure to include their username. We'll look into the situation and block the individual if the situation warrants it.

4. If you do need to report someone to us, you can include screenshots or other evidence from outside websites, if that would help. That would make our jobs easier and it would also keep these boards cleaner and more fun for everyone.

5. In general, be careful online and on these boards. Don't let someone talk you into giving them your name or address or anything else that's personal. Don't let them tell you some fake sob story about how they're trapped overseas and need your bank account number to get out of their situation. Just be careful.

6. And finally, have fun. There are annoying and bad people all over the earth. Let's keep them off of this website so we can enjoy ourselves.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

Forum Rules & Regulations​

Every internet discussion board has a few rules to follow. We're no different, so please take a moment to review what you can and can't do on this website.

Board Etiquette

1. Treat other users with respect. Don't annoy them or badger them. No harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking of generally bothering anyone. You know what these things are. Please don't engage in them.

2. Keep it clean. Pretend you're talking to your parents or your daughter/son and don't write or include anything that's objectionable, obscene or rude.

3. Stay away from the bad guys. If you see a post that's obviously breaking some sort of etiquette or rule, report that post to us. Don't respond to the post or comment on it.

4. Protect people's privacy. Don't disclose private conversations between members publicly. Don't include the names or usernames of others in posts unless it's okay with that user. Also, don't include anything private in any photos you post. We'll remove it any you'll have wasted your time.

5. Keep discipline quiet. We will not share any disciplinary actions publicly on the forums. You shouldn't tell others about any disciplinary actions either.

6. Don't get gutsy. Please don't become aggressive with any moderator or board admin. This is a tough job and if there's an issue, we can resolve it with you in private so we're all happy.

7. Keep sensitive opinions to yourself. No everyone enjoys your opinions as much as you do. Please respect others who may appreciate different ideas about things. Don't aggressively try to persuade someone to your way of thinking. That's just being polite.

8. No impersonating others. Only one account per person. Don't create another account that has a similar username to someone with the intent to deceive.

9. Quality counts. Make your posts good and worthwhile to read. Don't post things just for the sake of making a post. Think about what you want to share and before you share it, think about if others will want to read it.

Things That Will Get Your Account Removed

1. Spam. We can't stand spam and neither can anyone else. Posting spam is the fastest way to getting your account removed.

2. If we see anything that's illegal on this website, we'll quickly remove it once we see that it exists. The account that posted it will also be blocked. No piracy, phishing, fraud, adult content, illegal drug use and no abuse of anything human or animal. No photos or videos of these things either. This isn't the place for that. Don't even post stories, recollections or quotes regarding these things.

3. We have a Report button so members can tell us about bad users and posts. Please don't abuse this feature. Report something once if you feel it should be removed. Only once. Don't worry, we'll get it.

4. Please don't challenge us over and over. Don't make our lives difficult. We'll explain the situation to you if you are unsure about something, but if you become difficult, the entire community can do without you.

5. Sharing sensitive information. Don't post real information about members. That's rude and you're account will be removed because of it.

6. Insulting members. This forum reaches all different types of places where all different types of people live. Respect them as you'd like them to respect you, no matter how they choose to live their lives.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Bookmark Threads & Posts​

Our last website upgrade brought us some wonderful new features, including the ability to bookmark threads for use later on. This is an extremely helpful capability to have because now, when you browse a thread or post that you like, you don't have to commit it to memory or save it as a bookmark to your browser. You can do all of that right inside of this discussion board.

To bookmark a thread, simply navigate to that thread. Then, find the small bookmark icon in the upper right portion of the thread; it looks like a small ribbon or...bookmark. Click the icon and fill in the Message and Label fields and then click the Save button. After that, you'll be all set. Those two fields I just suggested you fill in help you organize things in your bookmark list.

To find your list of saved bookmarks, navigate to your account information by clicking on your username up at the top of the website. Then, locate the Bookmarks link and click that. Everything you've saved will be listed there.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Add, Delete, & Update Photos in a Post​

If you'd like to either add, delete or update photos in your post, you can do so easily. To accomplish this task, you'll need to first navigate to the post in question. You'll also need to be logged into your account. Once you're at the post, scroll down the bottom of it. Then, click the Edit link. When you do that, you'll notice that the post goes into edit mode and that you can edit both the text as well as any images that have been previously posted.

If you'd like to add a photo, scroll to the bottom of the post again and click on the Attach Files button. Then, navigate to your image(s) and upload it from there. Once it's uploaded to our website, you'll need to insert it into your ad. Find a spot in your ad and then click either the Thumbnail or Full Image button. When you're finished, click the Save button.

If you'd like to delete an image, first delete it from your ad by clicking on it and then pressing the Delete key on your keyboard. Then, click on the Delete button that's near the uploaded file below.

If you'd like to update an image that's already been included in a post, simply delete the original photo and then add a new one in its place. This is a very straightforward process.

Let us know if you have any trouble and we'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Note: Specific privileges need to be given to delete and update photos.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Add to or Reply to an Existing Thread​

If you are viewing an existing thread and would like to add to it or reply to a thread inside of it, simply scroll down to the area beneath the latest post and begin typing in the field. Terminology matters here. You aren't creating a new thread because you're already inside of a thread. What you'll be doing is creating a new post. Posts are contained inside of threads. If you'd like to create a new thread, please read this post that I shared previously. The title of that post is sort of misleading. In it, I describe how to "create a new post." While you will be, in fact, creating a new post, that post will be the first in a new thread. To reply to an existing post that's already in an existing thread, go down to the area beneath the last post, as I explained above.

If you'd like to reply to a specific piece of text within a post, you may highlight the text with your mouse and then, when the Reply popup appears, click that word. By doing so, you'll be transported down to the field I spoke of above and you'll have an opportunity to type inside the field, below the snippet of text you just highlighted.

When you're all set, click the Post Reply button below the field you just typed inside of.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Contact Another Member Directly Through Our Website​

If you're interested in getting in touch with someone on this website, doing so is simple. You have a few different options. You can either visit the page they posted on and respond to whatever it is they shared directly on that page (below their post) or you can roll over their username and click the Start Conversation button to converse with them that way. The preferred method for discussing something with someone on a forum like is to respond to their post beneath it. That way, your reaction will be public and others will be able to see the same information. So if you're interested in something that another member has for sale, for instance, ask them questions about that item publicly. They'll answer publicly and others will benefit from your question and their answer.

Note: To begin a conversation with someone directly through the Start Conversation button, you'll need to be a Pro Member. This cuts down on spam tremendously.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Make a Post​

Before following the instructions below, in order to make a post, you will first need to register for an account and be logged in. If you aren't, you won't see the buttons that are described below.

------

Making a post on our website is simple. All you need to do is browse to the specific forum you'd like to post to and then click on the Post Thread button that sits above the other content on the page. Forums are just like categories and links to them can be found on the homepage. Once you click the Post Thread button, you'll be presented with a few fields to fill in. Write your title in a descriptive way and then add your other details in the larger box and additional boxes below that. When you're finished, click the Post Thread button that's below the area you just typed in.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Delete a Post or a Thread​

If you would no longer like the thread you created on this website to be live and active, you may delete it. Be warned though, if you initially created the thread, when you delete it, all posts that were written after it will be deleted as well. To delete the thread, simply scroll to the bottom of your first post in the thread and locate the Delete link. Click that link and follow the easy instructions that appear.

The same steps apply for deleting individual posts that you may have added to someone else's thread. If you scroll to the bottom of your post in their thread, you can click the Delete link there and follow the instructions thereafter.

Note: Special privileges need to be given to delete threads and posts.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

How to Receive Push Notifications​

We recently upgraded the software our website runs on and one of the huge new features is the ability for us to send out what's referred to as Push Notifications. If you aren't aware of what these types of notifications are, they're basically little messages you opt in to receive in your desktop browser, tablet or on your mobile phone. Think about the notification area where you receive small messages when someone send you an email, a service sends a weather update or a company sends stock price updates or any other type of notification you receive in real time. It's sort of like receiving an email, but you don't need to be logged into anything, except your phone or computer. It's really rather marvelous.

Would you like to receive these types of notifications for threads you're watching on our website? If so, you can either sign up by clicking on the small message that appears at the bottom of our website automatically or you can head into your account preferences by clicking on your username at the top of this website and then Preferences. Inside the Preferences area, you can click the button that says Enable Push Notifications. This button will only be available if your device supports this type of feature.

Once you allow the notifications, you'll receive a message in your cell phone or your browser when something you're watching is updated or if you receive some sort of a response from someone.

Let us know what you think of this. It's pretty exciting!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction Score

Promote Yourself - Add a Signature to Your Account​

If you've ever visited a discussion forum before, you've most likely seen a line or two under a member's postings that contained their name, website address and social media accounts. Maybe even a short blurb about themselves. This is what's referred to in the biz as a Signature. People add these to their forum accounts to help promote themselves and their services. It's a great idea to add one of these because every time someone with a signature makes a new post or responds to someone else's post, they're essentially advertising themselves right through the links in their signature. Here's a quick example of what one of these things might look like:

------

Jay G - All Around Guru
Visit me at my Forum or on Facebook or Instagram.

------

See? How cool is that?

To add your own signature to your account, simply click on your username up top (you need to be logged in) and then click on the Signature link. From there, you'll see what to do. You just need to fill in the big field with all your info. Get creative and have fun! Remember though, everyone is going to see this signature, so be sure it's really great.