Search

I Used to be a Liberal

• Thread starter CampFireJack
  • Start date
CampFireJack

CampFireJack

Reaction Score
About fifteen years ago, I used to work in an office in New York. I can remember that George Bush Jr. was President and every day I sat at my desk, I'd read the news from the CNN website and then rail on George for the rest of the day. I'd hunker in and read an article about how stupid the President was and then I'd walk around the office spouting off commentary, telling people that I couldn't believe anyone in the world was a Republican and how all Republicans were idiots. I can clearly remember doing this. I can also clearly remember how right I thought I was. I was incorrigible, absurd, arrogant, and generally awful to be around. All I wanted to do was talk about politics and how the Democrats were doing everything right and how everyone else was doing everything wrong. Thinking back, I don't know how I ever stood being around myself. The thing is, I was actually quite fond of myself. I mean, why wouldn't I be? I was always right. CNN told me so and CNN and I agreed on a lot of things.

A little while after that, I began watching Rachel Maddow on MSNBC. I instantly fell in love with her and thought she was just the greatest thing ever. She confirmed all I learned from CNN and we both thought George Bush and Dick Cheney were terrible people. She told me this, I thought it, and then I'd head over to CNN for confirmation. Yup, we all knew what I thought - Democrats ruled and so many people in our country were just so ignorant for wanting anything to do with Republicans in general. I even got in a fight with a good friend over politics once. He was conservative and I was liberal. We clashed. Over what? I can't even remember.

Through the years, my liberal views somehow began to fade. I'm not sure if there was a specific moment at which I stopped being a liberal Democrat and began straddling the line, but it certainly happened. And looking back, I am ashamed at what I once was. I'm embarrassed that I believed what CNN said and I'm even more embarrassed that I ever agreed with Rachel Maddow in any way, shape, or form. What I've learned through the years isn't so much about how much of the media lies, but more about how they omit information about the opposing party. As you probably already know, most of the media out there is wickedly liberal. I've watched it through the years and if anything good was done on the conservative side, it wouldn't see the light of day. Not on their networks anyway.

That really turned me off. Today, I can't say that I'm a conservative. I like to proclaim that I'm one of those people that political parties needs to spend a lot of money on. I'm a swing voter. I love the environment and environmental issues, I love animal rights, and I love fairness and good will. I also love the nuclear family, conservative values, and individual rights and liberties. The greatest change I've experienced through the years is that I've grown disgusted with the Democrat party. And not only that, I've grown even more disgusted with Democrats in general. By this I mean family and friends. People I see on the streets. Random strangers saying things and acting certain ways. I haven't been able to put my finger on what's going on yet, but my gut tells me something is very wrong. Very wrong indeed. The party that I used to belong to has gone utterly haywire and I can't believe I ever identified with them. I guess you can say that they've got Trump Derangement Syndrome and I've been red pilled.

I think I attribute this to searching for and participating in alternative media. Back in the day, I'd watch or read a news story on a liberal network and take it for face value. Today, I read a news story and then go watch a video on Youtube about that story. Or, I'd do it the other way around. I'd see a video and then I'd read commentary on it. What I'm finding is that the general media completely distorts what actually happened. They wouldn't necessarily lie, but they'd omit facts about what occurred and they'd cleverly add words to create a certain narrative. For instance, if a French guy and a Cuban guy got in a fight at the library over a book on a shelf, instead of the headline of, "Two Guys Fight Over Book in Library," the headline on CNN would be, "Privileged White Nationalist Male Batters Innocent Cuban Refugee Over the Cuban's Rightful Book." I mean, this is as plain as day and I can't be the only one to be noticing this. What are the last polling numbers on the main stream media? Something like 18% think it's honest and fair? Whatever it is, the number is extraordinarily low. With all the alternative media available today, it's a wonder anyone is a Democrat anymore.

Here's a case in point. I wanted to use the phrase "red pilled" in the title of this post, so I went to look up its meaning. I already know it, but I wanted to clarify and confirm. Here's the general consensus of its meaning. Everyone in the world already knows this. It's common knowledge:

You don't have to change your economic or social stance, and you don't have to agree with everything said below but you do have to realize the corruption of democrat politicians at the very least to be red-pilled.

Is the realization of the large amount of corruption in the government, especially from democrat politicians. Being red-pilled usually involves the realization of leftist bias by most mainstream media, that conservatives are niether sexcist nor racist, and the leftist bias of youtube, twitter, facebook, reddit and tumblr.

But let's see what Dictionary.com has to say about being red pilled:

What does red pill mean?
Red pill refers to (becoming enlightened to) the truth about reality, especially a truth that is difficult to accept or exposes disillusions.

Online, red pill is especially used among anti-feminist and white supremacist groups to refer to "waking up" to the truth that women and liberal politics are oppressing men and white people.

Do you see what they did there? They casually tossed in the phrases "anti-feminist" and "white supremacist," among other things. It's for exactly this reason I will never vote Democrat again in my life.

Does anyone else feel like this? Am I wrong for thinking this way? Please let me know.

Cameron

Cameron

Reaction Score
I used to be a Democrat too. That party went down the toilet, so I switched over to the Republican party a few years ago. And yes, it was for the same reason you mentioned above. Democrats and the media lie about everything. So let me get this straight - an ex-Democrat (me) is now an "anti-feminist white supremacist" just for seeing through their lies and "walking away"? Classy folks over there. I appreciate the insults. Basically, they're saying to every single person who was "red pilled" that they shouldn't let the door hit them on the way out. Well if that's the way they want to be, then fine. I can't believe I ever supported any of those folks. Also, someone should tell them to watch the Matrix. I mean, geez.

LukeLewis

LukeLewis

Reaction Score
"You know why nobody likes liberals? 'Coz they lose. If liberals are so fucking smart, how come they lose so goddamn always?"

Jack's sentiments expressed here is the reason why I don't dabble in politics, or at the very least, try to avoid participating in political discussions whenever I can. For one thing, I'm not an American anyway, so not only do I not have the right to speak out about how you should run your country, I couldn't give a shit even if I do. I don't even give a shit about my own country's politics, and yours is how many thousand miles away? Too much effort, too much grievances from keyboard warriors arguing about the left and right. No thanks.

The truth is, I believe in the opposite of a past Donald Trump statement: "There are shitty people on both sides." You said that the left has distorted the truth? Well, the right was guilty of that too one time, with Fox News spinning what was originally two babies of different colors hugging each other on the street into a racist headline. Disgusting. Simply disgusting. But that's journalism now. That's news. If it bleeds, it leads. Sensationalism.

I think very little of the NRA. I couldn't give a shit because I don't live in America. I live in Singapore. Just try to smuggle guns in here. Guns are banned here, thank god. The NRA is just a corporation like the Democrats and the Republicans, trying to sell a product, in my opinion. But they did hit on a nice little quote back in 2018: "The mainstream media loves mass shootings." It's an ironic and self-contradictory quote partly because the NRA was using mainstream media to sell this quote in the first place via their viral campaign, partly because they also profit off school shootings that further anti-gun sentiments that further gun sales (out of fear from gun-owners that guns would be banned), but it's a nice quote that speaks truthfully about the corruption of the media landscape today. Everyone's out to make a dime and get those ratings. If it bleeds, it leads.

Now, I was similarly raised on leftist propaganda like yourselves, but I guess I didn't really harbor the kind of resentment towards political parties you two seem to have, probably because it's not my country, so who cares. My resentment is more towards humanity. I'm not a Democrat or Republican; I'm a Misanthrope. Reality sucks anyway, and everyone's an asshole (everyone in a general manner in case I need to clarify), or at least everyone's capable of being an asshole from what I've seen on the Internet and YouTube comments. Everyone thinks he's the hero of the story, that he's in the right and everyone else can fuck off for being wrong. So, nobody's perfect. The world's not perfect. Left and right, both have their assholes.

For what it's worth though, I have encountered my share of extreme leftism before... or rather, I wouldn't even call it leftism, but the kind of wokeness cancer that has perpetuated in our culture today. Feminism, what a fucking joke. Back in 2014, Tumblr was a cesspool of the worst kind of wokeness period ever period. You had self-proclaimed "feminists" who called out on all men - not SOME men, not sexists men, but all men - as chauvinist pigs, promoting misandry and saying that there's nothing really wrong with hating men because we're not oppressed. Sexist jokes towards men were openly welcomed. That's the kind of hypocrisy we're dealing with in the 21st Century, folks. So, being polite and lefty and liberal towards all life, no thanks. You can keep your double-standard hypocrisy and shove it up where it doesn't shine.

Ricky Gervais said it best about the left's tendency to get offended by the most trivial of things: "Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right."

One of the most idiotic things liberals have also said is speaking out against abortions, right? But they are also known for speaking out against sexual harassments and rape. Well, guess what? Rape victims can't abort now thanks to you morons. They don't have that pro-choice movement going on because of your pro-life idiocy. You want a woman not to have the choice to abort her infant that's been forcibly given to her by someone who assaulted her orifice? That's horrible. That's a horrible idea. For a country that prides itself on freedom, a country that prides itself on the progressiveness of giving human rights to everyone so that they could live their life however they want (within the boundaries of the law), it's incredibly ironic that this important choice of what to do with your own body is deprived by the same "progressive" individuals promoting life. Give me a fucking break.

JodyBuchanan

JodyBuchanan

Reaction Score
It's insane how much things have calmed down over here since the election. The news media may try to act like people still care, but I haven't heard a peep about politics in over a month from anyone in real life. Before the election, I would bump into one rude comment after another on social media and even from family and friends, but those things have all but evaporated. It's almost as if...almost as if...the media is inciting these types of thought processes just to raise their ratings. Nah, that couldn't be true. They wouldn't do that to us.

I watched a video on YouTube yesterday where the owner of the channel was questioning what CNN and MSNBC would do now that Trump is gone. They were failing before 2016 and the only reason they made any money in the past four years was because of him. Now that they won't have him around anymore, no one is going to watch. We're already seeing that. Their ratings are falling and falling. Good. I can't stand those people. They deserve everything they get. I'm not a fan of parasites.

15Katey

15Katey

Reaction Score

Are There Any Blue Dog Democrats Left?​

I remember what Democrats were like when I was younger. They mostly stood for unions and the working man. They were the kind of people who rolled up their sleeves to help their neighbors. Good ol' blue collared folk who knew how to save a dollar and teach their kids right from wrong. They didn't like to fight, but enjoyed a good defense. My parents were this type of Democrat and my grandparents were too. I want to be one, but it doesn't seem like they exist anymore. I believe this type of Democrat is referred to as a Blue Dog. Check this out:

The Blue Dog Coalition, commonly known as the Blue Dogs or Blue Dog Democrats, is a caucus of United States congressional representatives from the Democratic Party who identify as fiscally responsible and centrist. The caucus professes an independence from the leadership of both parties and promotes national defense.

I remember when I was a kid, the Republican party was all about Wall Street. They seemed to be rich white guys who thought about business most of the time. Investors, bankers, and that type. My family couldn't identify with them because they were too out of reach. The shop owner down the street may have been a Republican because he didn't like to pay high taxes, but his employees were most likely Democrats.

Through the years, it seems like the Democrat party has moved way to the left. Gone are the days of the Blue Dogs and here are the days of extreme leftist Marxists and social justice warriors. Even the moderate Democrats are covering for the Marxists. They aren't speaking up against them. It appears that the Republican Party has absorbed the Blue Dog Democrats. Republicans now seem to be more (in theory) fiscally responsible and enjoy a strong national defense. It almost seems as though the entire order has been disrupted. Today, I think the two primary parties in U.S. politics should change their names. One should call themselves Globalists and the other should call themselves Nationalists. In the most basic sense, mind you. Democrats would be the Globalists and Republicans would be the Nationalists.

What's your opinion on this? Do you remember the Blue Dog Democrats? What happened to them? I miss them and I'd like to identify as one. The problem is, I can't find them anymore.

Cameron

Cameron

Reaction Score
I think the Blue Dog Democrats are long gone. And if anyone claims to be one today who holds a position in congress, they're in name only. The Democrat party has gone full left and I don't think it's coming back. It's a shame really, because I used to be a Democrat. It was a good party with sensible ideals. Now, all they want to do is talk about reparations and racism, as if there's nothing else to discuss. This government wasn't created to handle every single social dispute people have with one another. It was created to defend and administer this nation. That's it. How anyone got the idea that it's supposed to be gigantic and rule over every aspect of everyone's life, I'll never know.

Allow me to give just one small example of the absurdity of the left today. I'll refer to them as the left, because these people don't deserve a party. Especially not the Democrat party, a once legitimate and proud institution. Anyway, so here we have millions of illegal immigrants, among others, out in the streets chanting for free health care and reparations for the descendants of slaves. Let me ask you something. Who do they think is going to pay for this? First, I can tell that these people are young because they haven't quite figured out that the U.S. will pay for all this with debt. Debt that will be paid by them in the future. Not the rich people they think will pay for it, but them. So that's "duh" number one. Second, regarding health care, they do realize that there are a whole heck of a lot of poor Republicans out there that they'll be paying for, right? I mean, down in Mississippi, there are just oodles of those "terrible" and "deplorable" Republicans. I guess if the wealthy tech folks who live in San Fransisco want to pay for the health care of these deplorables, then so be it. So yeah, that's "duh" number two. And finally, I love the fact that you've got 20 year olds chanting for reparations that they'll end up paying for. Do they really think anyone else is going to pay for this? No, it'll come right out of their paychecks. And the best part is, most of these kids weren't even born in the United States. Or their parents weren't. So they have nothing to do with slavery at all. Yet they're fine with paying for it. Only in America. I have an idea, if the left is so hell bent on having someone pay reparations, how about having the plantation owners pay? Leave the poor guy who's from Poland and who's now living in eastern Oregon out of this. How did he get into this anyway? So that's "duh" number three.

Cameron

Cameron

Reaction Score

Donald Trump Has Literally Made Democrats Crazy​

We've all heard of Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS for short, but one needs to wonder if this is actually a real thing. From what I've been witnessing over the past four years, I have to conclude it is. It is actually a real syndrome. I've watched meltdown over meltdown over the most innocuous of events. After Trump was elected, I watched as people screamed to the sky in the streets, concerned that he was going to end the earth somehow. I watched as news anchors cried on air. I watched as families fought and couples divorced. For some odd reason, one that I have yet to understand, there are individuals on this planet who can't stand the President. I mean, really can't stand the guy. I'm at a loss because he seems pleasant enough to me, but then again, I'm not overly political and I have a good head on my shoulders. I'm also not easily influenced by the media, which has gone insane in its own right.

I was reading a chapter in my Dale Carnegie book, entitled, How to Win Friends and Influence People, a few days ago when I stumbled across something that struck a chord. Dale talked about the individual's need to feel important. He claims that he's interviewed experts and has found that the need to feel important is so great that people have actually gone insane in hopes to achieve the feeling. He says that in the real world, certain people haven't done great things in order to accumulate the recognition they feel they deserve, so their minds play tricks on them and create alternative realities. Realities that place these individuals front and center. Basically, these people are crazy.

Here's a quote from the book:

"If some people are so hungry for a feeling of importance that they actually go insane to get it, imagine what miracle you and I can achieve by giving people honest appreciation this side of insanity."

After I read this, I began thinking about those in this country who have gone certifiably insane because of Donald Trump's election win. Now, I'm telling you, I've seen people doing some very weird things in the name of the nation lately. "Saving our democracy." "Preserving the rule of law." All that sort of thing. I wonder how they got to their current condition and I've concluded that some how, some way these people have been brainwashed to such a degree, from either the main stream media or the news on the internet, that they've lost every ounce of importance they ever felt. They've been led to believe that Donald Trump will do such horrible things that everything they've worked for or believe in will be wiped away and they'll be left with nothing. Importance? Gone. Self worth? Gone. You get the idea.

I guess the question is, why doesn't everyone feel this way? Why hasn't everyone gone nuts? Why is it that just about half the population of the United States is able to go to work or about their business every day with a clear and rational mind? And why is it that the other half is curled up in the fetal position sucking their thumbs? I think I have the answer. It's because the rational half actually listens to what Trump says and watches what actually happens in reality as opposed to watching it through the lens of the media. The media offers a corrupted and distorted view of the happenings of the world. It's terrible. I've personally watched actual events on Youtube that were captured by amateur videographers and found nothing wrong whatsoever with the event as a whole. But after watching CNN's or MSNBC's version of things, I have to tell you that I'd be sucking my thumb too if I followed them enough. That's just my take on things.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think people have gone crazy? Or are you against Trump? Either way, I'd love to read your view of things one way or the other.

UPDATE

I've been thinking about what I wrote above and I think I can clarify it a bit. What I meant to say was that Donald Trump is viewed as having a tough and commandeering personality, which, if given the chance, can put our democracy at risk. If the United States ended up having a supreme ruler, then there would be no more voting. Which would strip any importance the citizens ever had in the country. Self rule and governance is very important to most people. So if what Dale Carnegie is correct in that people desire the feeling of importance above all else, then yes, a President such as Donald Trump can certainly drive someone to the brink of insanity. Especially if they have certain tendencies to begin with.

Did you know that Andrew Carnegie hired Charles Schwab as President of Carnegie Steel Company in 1897 and by 1901 Schwab negotiated a deal with J.P. Morgan to form the United States Steel Corporation, which he was President as well? The reason Carnegie hired Schwab wasn't because of his knowledge of steel or his business acumen, but more so because of his way of dealing with partners, employees, and people in general. Charles Schwab had a great deal of talent when it came to motivating others to do their best and that talent payed dividends. When you make others feel important and make them feel as though they've got say in the process, they can perform wonderfully for you as well as themselves. Every politician should understand this and motivate and treat his constituents in a way that benefits all. Donald Trump might want to take this advice.

Cameron

Cameron

Reaction Score

My Opinion on Trump & Biden​

I have a love/hate relationship with politics. Sometimes I don't want to talk about it at all while other times I love nothing more than to talk about it. One thing's for sure, the United States of America is as divided as it's ever been. Certain elements of both political parties are at fault for this. I don't think the old guard of both parties is at fault at all; it seems to be newer elements that have come in to ruffle feathers.

I don't want to get off track here too much because I'd like to stay on the topic of Trump versus Biden. Men who have a lot of good and bad qualities about them.

The reason I decided to write this post has to do with the fact that I'm currently reading the book titled How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie. I've actually read this book quite a few times in my life and each time, I come to realize how much I've done wrong through the years. Regarding how I interact with others, that is. The book is chock full of great advice and suggestions for greasing the wheels of any relationship you may find yourself in, whether it be with a parent, child, student, teacher, coworker - you get the idea. Humans are psychological creatures and there are certain psychological truths that can have huge impacts on how relationships are carried out. Which brings me to my first point...

In the beginning, I loved Donald Trump. He was a fighter and he was really sticking it to the establishment. Shortly after he became President, I still loved him because he was going to steamroll all of those crooked politicians who have stayed in office for far too long. It only took a short period of time after that to realize and comprehend the limitations of power the President actually had. While he had some control over foreign policy and finances, he didn't have complete control. As a nation and as those who supported him, we began to realize why politicians are the way they are. First and foremost, for a politician to be effective, they've got to figure out a way to get along with others, no matter how much they dislike a certain group or individual. They need to schmooze and rub elbows. If someone, perhaps a President for example, wants to get anything done, he or she will need to reach across the aisle to shake hands with the opposition. I get that we're all fighters and all that, but at the end of the day, even the biggest fighters in our ranks want to see action. If a term is limited to fight, fight, fight, while not much else gets done, the party will fall apart. Again, we want to see results.

With this in mind, I have absolutely no idea why Donald Trump can't simply fake it and smile at the Democrats, no matter how much he loathes them. Pretend to make nice. Act like a diplomat. Do something other than sit there with a scowl on his face. I know, it's much easier said than done, but still It's got to be done because Republicans are going to be turned off by the fighting.

I do like the fight Trump has though. I admire the guts. For four years, he's been up against everything they could throw at him and he, for the most part, keeps his composure.

I like Biden too. I never had a bad thing to say about Joe Biden. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. Sure, he's getting older and some of his speech isn't the greatest anymore, but he's still nice. I just worry about two things when it comes to Biden; one, his mental health. He's simply too old to be president and his brain is failing. It's a fact. And two, he's nowhere near as strong as he used to be and he's going to be steamrolled by those in his party who want to get certain things done. Where Trump has the get up and go, the guts, and the brawn, I honestly don't think Biden will even be included in the conversation. A decade or two ago, I think he would have been fine, but there's no way he could take the pressure nowadays. And it's not even his ideas I'm concerned about because he's always seemed like he's a middle of the road kind of guy. I'm more concerned that he won't be able to say no to the most extreme segments of the Democrat party. Which scares me. There are extreme segments of the Republican party too, but I believe Donald Trump has no problem standing up to them.

So, I guess I like both men. I do and I don't. I like the power of Donald Trump, but I don't like the fact that he can't let go of fighting all the time. He'd be able to win over so many more people to his cause if he just moderated a bit. I like Joe Biden too. I just worry about his mental capacity and his strength. He's almost 80 years old and that's just too old to be President.

What are your thoughts on these two? You probably lean more one way or another than I do, so I'd like to hear your opinions.

EmeraldHike

EmeraldHike

Reaction Score
I have been a Democrat all of my life, but I don't think I can get behind Biden. My party has changed so much in the past few years that I can't recognize it anymore. I can remember when I was a kid, sitting there talking to the biggest Democrat I ever knew, my grandmother, about worker's rights, being anti-war, the environment, and so much more that the Democrats used to stand for. Today, it's racism. Exclusively. That's all there is to them. Racism. There is nothing else in the world. Yes, there may be racism, but there's a lot else too. Whatever happened to supporting the unions? Fair wages? Not $15 an hour for kids to make at McDonalds in Portland, Oregon, but real adults who have real families who work real jobs? Whatever happened to that discussion?

And what about animal rights? And the environment? We have Democrat politicians flying all over the world on private jets lecturing us on global warming. It's just getting to be too much for me. Nothing makes sense anymore. If there's one thing I've noticed in the past four years, it's that the Democrats are very shady. I was never a Trump fan, but they have been shady with the shams they've tried to pull on him. I almost feel bad for him. Between the impeachment and the Russia investigation. I agreed with neither of those things. I guess you can consider me one of the old Blue Dog Democrats. It's terrible how far we've strayed from them. My grandmother would be appalled.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to vote this November. I hate having to say that.

Newman

Newman

Reaction Score

Has Bill de Blasio Ruined NYC?​

I just read the craziest news story on the Daily Mail website. Check it out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...New-Yorkers-come-save-city-Ill-buy-drink.html

Apparently, Governor Andrew Cuomo is pleading with New York City's wealthy residents to come back home to New York. I'm thinking it's their money he's missing the most. After years of trampling and abusing these people, many of them have finally left. From what I'm reading out there in internet land, they can't take the abuse anymore. They're saying it's primarily the far left that's pushing them out, but I don't completely buy that. This exodus has been happening for a very long time - decades in fact. I remember reading about New York's residents jumping ship at least 20 years ago. It's probably been longer, but that's as far back as my memory goes. Get this, the Governor has even offered to buy these people drinks if they return. Pathetic.

So what are the facts? Here they are:

1. Governor Cuomo claims that he is in communication with many of the state's residents who have the most money and he's actively trying to lure them back home. And when I say state's, I mostly mean city's.

2. AOC keeping Amazon from opening up operations in the city has lost the state up to $30 billion in tax revenues. That hurts.

3. Beginning at the early stages of the Coronavirus pandemic, many of the city's more mobile and well off residents took off for their second homes far upstate or out on Long Island. Anyplace to get away from the raging virus.

4. By the time May of 2020 rolled around, something like 420 thousand had gone. And many of them have yet to return. I'm wondering if they have been getting used to the quiet and much less expensive life. Really, there is only so far you can push people.

5. Did you know that New York City has its own income tax that's above and beyond the state and federal tax? I wonder how long residents have been simmering about that.

6. On top of the expense and the virus, looters and rioters decided to show up in the city to burn, steal, and break things. This occurred in June and there was apparently very little pushback from law enforcement or the Mayor of the city, Bill de Blasio.

7. And now, since there's a super huge budget shortfall of approximately $30 billion over the next two years, some say that New York is planning on imposing additional taxes on the super wealthy to cover the gap. I think we all know what the repercussions of that will be. Even more of the wealthy will get up and leave for states that are more fiscally friendly.

8. As of this moment, Governor Cuomo is telling people that he's not interested in raising taxes in the wealthy. He seems to know what will happen if that occurs. What I just wrote above. They'll leave. Basically, those who took off really won't come back.

9. Cuomo claims that the lousy federal response to the virus is holding New York State back financially.

10. Because of the lack of police presence in the city, crime has risen a whopping 286%. And that's just for robberies in the Upper East Side. Shootings have also gone up and arrests have been cut in half. I suppose it doesn't help that states are letting people out of prisons either. I wonder if that's where a lot of the crime is coming from.

11. Because of the Black Lives Matter demands, it's said that the NYPD has lost $1 billion from its budget. They've had to shut down some special crime units, so now there's even less of a police presence on the ground.

If anyone has ever experienced a downward spiral, this must look familiar. It's rather difficult to get yourself out of one once it begins. This mess is going to require huge leadership in the future. I wonder if anyone is up for the job.

Check these stories out:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-reports-shocking-286-increase-robberies.html

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/andrew-cuomo-new-york-tax-revenue-shortfall/