Search

How to Change the XenForo Date Format

• Thread starter Newman
  • Start date
Newman

Newman

Reaction Score
I currently have the date format on my XenForo website set to January 1, 2020. That's not the actual date. It's just the format. I don't know how it got set this way. I don't remember doing it. I'd much rather have the format show only the abbreviated month as opposed to the full month spelled out. So I would like it like this: Jan 1, 2020. Does anyone know where the setting for this is? How do I change the date format?

CraigHardy

CraigHardy

Reaction Score
To change the date format in XenForo, log into your ACP (admin control panel). Then, navigate to Appearance > Languages.

xenforo-appearance-languages.gif

On the next page, you should see the language you are using on your site. Most of the time, this will be English (US). Whatever the language, click the appropriate link. Inside the language page, you'll need to scroll down about half way. You'll see date formats that look like this:

xenforo-date-format.gif

Yours is currently set to the second selection. Choose the first option and then click the Save button down below at the bottom of the page. That's all you need to do. Your date format should be updated.