Search

XenForo: Can I Add Stats Under a Member Avatar?

• Thread starter 15Katey
  • Start date
15Katey

15Katey

Reaction Score
I've seen a few different websites that display certain statistics directly under the member avatar and badges on thread pages. Basically, these stats show under every member's avatar that has posted to a thread. They look like this:

verified-seller-badge.gif xenforo-members-stats-under-avatar.gif

Do you see the Joined, Messages, and Points statistics? That's what I'd like to do to my site. Do I need an add-on to display these figures or is this something that's built into the core software? If you know how to add this type of thing to the thread pages, please let me know. Thanks.

JGaulard

JGaulard

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sr. Site Supporter
Power User
Reaction Score
You don't need to install an add-on to apply this feature to your website. The settings are built in. To add them, log into your admin panel and then navigate to Appearance > Style Properties.

xenforo-appearance-style-properties.gif

Then, on the next page, scroll down and click the Messages link. Inside that page, you'll see a User section with some options and check boxes contained within it. It looks like this:

xenforo-appearance-style-properties-message-user.gif

Check the appropriate box for whichever information you'd like to display below the avatars. As you can see, I've got the Registration Date, Total Messages, and Trophy Points added to my site. I may add Location in the future as well. Once you are finished, click the Save button and then go refresh a page to see the effect. Let me know if you need anything else.

JGaulard

JGaulard

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sr. Site Supporter
Power User
Reaction Score
UPDATE: I tried adding the Location data to my pages and it didn't look good at all. Because many of the city and state names were too long, the information was displayed on two lines, like:

So I undid it. I'll leave it as is.