Search

Making XenForo Banners Stackable

• Thread starter JodyBuchanan
  • Start date
JodyBuchanan

JodyBuchanan

Reaction Score
I saw a very cool XenForo feature today and I'd like to set something like it up on my own forum. Basically, members had their badges stacked. So if a member was in more than one user group, all of the user group badges that belonged to whichever user group they were in would display below their avatar on their thread pages. They'd also appear on their member pages as well. Here's an example of some stacked badges on a thread page.

xenforo-stacked-badges.gif

Does a feature that would allow this sort of thing come standard with XenForo or do I need an add-on? Any help would be appreciated.

CampFireJack

CampFireJack

Reaction Score
Yes, this is a feature that comes standard with XenForo. You don't need an add-on to stack badges. To set this feature, go to Setup > Options > User Options and then scroll to the bottom of the page to the User Banners section. Then, check the Allow Banner Stacking box. Hit Save and you're done. Banners from all of the user groups a member belongs to will be stacked on top of each other on the thread pages as well as on the avatar pop up and member pages. Actually, on the member and pop ups, I believe the banners will be side by side, but they'll be there.

xenforo-user-banners-settings.gif