Search

XenForo: How to Remove Quick Thread on Forum Pages

• Thread starter WendyMay
  • Start date
WendyMay

WendyMay

Reaction Score
I have been trying to locate the setting in the ACP to turn off the quick thread or quick post feature and I can't seem to locate it. I think having the input for a new thread on top of the thread list is redundant. There's already a button to post a new thread at the top of the page. Plus, the quick thread option only includes required custom thread fields and leaves out others that aren't required. That's weird and can cause issues. This is an example of the quick thread feature here on the Gaulard site:

xenforo-quick-thread.gif

It's not that I don't think it's a good idea or anything; it's just that I'd like to turn this feature off for a while. Does anyone know how I can do this? Is there an option in the permissions?

CraigHardy

CraigHardy

Reaction Score
There isn't an option in a default ACP for turning this feature off. It's built into the templates. You can, however, purchase an add-on from Andy that will get rid of it.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/remove-quick-thread.5634/

You can also edit the quick thread option out via the template system. I've never done this, but if I had to guess, it would be through this template: forum_post_quick_thread.

Reactions: WendyMay
WendyMay

WendyMay

Reaction Score
CraigHardy said:
You can also edit the quick thread option out via the template system. I've never done this, but if I had to guess, it would be through this template: forum_post_quick_thread.
Thank you for your help. I was actually just poking around in the template system and found that I can remove the quick thread option by accessing the forum_view template and removing this code:

Code:
<xf:macro name="{{ $templateOverrides.quick_thread_macro ?: 'thread_list_macros::quick_thread' }}"
arg-forum="{$forum}"
arg-page="{$page}"
arg-order="{$sortInfo.order}"
arg-direction="{$sortInfo.direction}"
arg-prefixes="{$quickThreadPrefixes}"
args="{$templateOverrides.quick_thread_macro_args}" />

That takes the entire thing right out of the thread lists on the forum pages. Obviously, this feature isn't available to those who aren't logged in, so it's not a big deal. Unless, of course, unregistered guests can create new thread.