Search

Bugs in Adobe Photoshop (Issues, Problems)

• Thread starter KristinaW
  • Start date
KristinaW

KristinaW

Reaction Score
This thread is dedicated to identifying and solving known issues in all Adobe Photoshop versions. If you are experiencing problems with your current version, please state that version as well as the issue you're experiencing down below. Thanks!

Bugs in Adobe Photoshop 2019​

I just received an email asking me to download the latest and greatest version of Adobe Photoshop CC, which happens to be the 2019 version. I rolled my eyes at it. Up until a few days ago, I had been using version 2018. I was happy with that version, but since I rarely have issues with Photoshop upgrades, I decided to go with the download when it was offered in the Creative Cloud app on my computer. That was a mistake. I should have given it more time.

Right after the download, I attempted to open a photograph from Adobe Bridge into Camera Raw. That worked fine. It wasn’t until I tried to launch that photo from Camera Raw into Photoshop that I ran into an issue. Photoshop wasn’t opened yet, but I noticed that it refused to open automatically like the previous versions did. This is bug number one.

To work around this small issue, I went ahead and opened Photoshop and then moved through my normal routine. That seemed to work okay.

The next bug I noticed had to do with having Photoshop running for too long. I generally keep the application open, but minimized, on my computer because I work in it so much. It’s slow to launch, so it’s easier to just keep it running. Nope, not with this version. If I have the application open for a day or two, it refuses to launch when I attempt to move an image from Camera Raw into it. This one is sort of like the previous bug. To work around this, I have to close Photoshop and reopen it. Then it works, which defeats the purpose of my keeping it open in the first place.

Next up – and this is a big one. I was working in Photoshop CC 2019 the other day when I tried to use the Ctrl++ keyboard shortcut to zoom into a photograph. I noticed that the shortcut didn’t work, so I attempted to use the zoom menu items to either zoom in or zoom out. Those menu items were grayed out. The only way to work around this bug is to close Photoshop, restart my computer and open Photoshop back up. Then it works for a little while, but stops working again soon thereafter.

Much like the previous bug, this next bug requires a computer reboot. After a certain period of time, Photoshop CC 2019 stops allowing the copy and paste command to function. I take screenshots all the time and I use the Ctrl+V keyboard shortcut to paste those screenshots into Photoshop. Not with this latest upgrade. After about a day of using it, it no longer accepts pasting into the workspace.

And finally (that I’ve noticed), the Save For Web menu item disappears after a few days of use. I’m forced to use the Export As menu item instead. I’m sure a reboot would cure this as well, but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Anyone else experience any quirky bugs in Adobe Photoshop CC 2019? If so, please share below. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Just to offer an update. I’ve gone ahead and started using Photoshop CC 2018 again and I’m still using it today. I haven’t even bothered opening CC 2019 up again. And I won’t until all the bugs are fixed. I received a message this morning that I have five new app updates in my Adobe Creative Cloud app, but unfortunately, Photoshop isn’t one of those apps that needs to be updated. We’ll see what happens.

UPDATE:

It appears that Adobe has just released update version 20.0.2 for Photoshop. They claim that they fixed many high level issues that were discovered in their previous release. I just updated my version and I’ll update this thread if I find anything that causes concern.

UPDATE:

Okay, here’s my report so far. I’ve used the latest release (20.0.2) of Photoshop 2019 for about a day and a few things have changed since this most recent update was released.

First, when I open Adobe Bridge and then Camera Raw and attempt to launch the image I’m working on into Photoshop, Photoshop now opens correctly. So this issue seems to have been resolved.

Next, it seems that the zoom is working again. I’ll keep Photoshop open all day today to be sure because that issue only seems to have existed after working for a while. I’ll get back to you on this. But as it stands, I’m zooming in and out just fine right now.

Also, just like above, copy and paste seem to be working, but again, that issue arose after keeping Photoshop open all day. I’ll get back to you on this as well.

And finally, the File > Save to Web menu item has returned, which is nice to see. I’ve been using that for years and I really don’t want to see it gone any time soon.