Search

How to Set Language on Canon Rebel Cameras

• Thread starter KodyWallice
  • Start date
KodyWallice

KodyWallice

Reaction Score
Santa Claus made a visit to our house this Christmas. Guess what he dropped off. Yep, a brand new Canon T6i DSLR camera. Now, instead of writing posts about the Canon T3i, I can write about the T3i and the T6i (and the others, such as the T2i, T4i, T5i and T7i – because they’re all so similar in nature). The good thing is that much of what I do to one camera, I can do to the other. They’re really very similar. Well, I don’t think I can talk about the touch screen on the T3i because it doesn’t have one.

How to Set Language On Canon T6i DSLR Camera​

In today’s post, I’m going to quickly show you how you can set or change the language the T6i uses for its menu system. If you bought your camera brand new, you were presented with the option of setting it upon turning the camera on. That’s straightforward enough. Issues arise when you purchase your camera second hand though. Since these things are for sale all over the internet used, and since many of us don’t speak the same language, I’d say it’s important to know how to switch the language if necessary. Luckily, it’s only a few steps.

Changing the Language on the Canon T6i​

The very first step is to turn the camera on.

canon-t6i-750d-viewscreen.jpg

When you’re presented with the information on the rear view screen, press the Menu button that’s to the upper left of the screen. I circled it in red in the screenshot below. Then, use the left and right buttons to navigate to the second Settings screen with the small icon of a wrench. I circled the left and right buttons in red as well.

canon-t6i-menu-screen.jpg

Here’s the deal – I can’t tell you to stop when you see the word Language because the word is English. If the camera is currently set to German, you’ll never see the word Language. You may see the word Sprache. I had to translate the English version in Google, so that might not be correct. What I’m trying to say is that you’ll see the German equivalent.

Anyway, the way you’ll know you’re at the proper place is by seeing the small icon of a man speaking into one of those word bubbles. If you take a look at the screenshot above, you’ll see what I’m referring to in between the words Language and English. No matter what the camera is set to and what words you’re looking at, that little man will always be there. When you see it, use the up and down arrow keys to navigate to it. Then, press the Set button that’s centered inside the arrow keys.

After you’ve done this, the next screen you’ll see looks like this:

canon-t6i-language-menu-screen.jpg

To select the language you’d like, simply use the arrow keys to navigate to it. When you’ve made your selection, press the Set button again. That’s it. From there on out, you should see your new language on all areas of the camera.

I hope I clearly explained how to set the language on the new Canon T6i (750D). If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know below. Thanks for reading!

KristinaW

KristinaW

Reaction Score
Absolutely love your web site! A compliment like that from me is one in five years I assure you.

I have had my Canon 3ti for 5 plus years, but I have learned more about how to use it from your site in one day then I did over the course of time I’ve owned it.

I Have purchased the creative cloud, and am familiarizing my self to this world through Divi Themes. So much to learn! Often frustrated too.

I am very thankful for what I have found on your site so far. Please let me know of services you might be able to offer me would you?

I run a small wood-shop making custom wood products and have decided to open an eCommerce store. Quite the task to start a website. I could use all the help I can get. Just thought I’d reach out and see what comes of it.

Your instruction is exquisitely simple yet thorough; something you rarely find these days. Simply… I want to applaud you on what you do and how you do it.

Have a great day,

KodyWallice

KodyWallice

Reaction Score
Thank you so much for such a great comment! I truly appreciate it. I’m thrilled to hear that you are starting something new. I don’t think it’s ever a bad time to start over. Just get out there and do it.

Regarding any additional services, all I can say is that you should stay tuned to this website. I’m always writing new and different posts about all sorts of stuff. I love Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Camera Raw, and Lightroom, but also enjoy studying coding and server setup and maintenance. I think WordPress should be thrown in there somewhere too. I’ll continue to write about all these topics.

Keep and eye out for future posts and be sure to sign up for the mailing list so you don’t miss any of them. Also, stay in touch if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Phoenix1

Phoenix1

Reaction Score
My friend and I recently purchased a Canon T6. We are currently shooting in Brazil. Is there a language for Brazil or is it just Portuguese available? Or should I just keep it set to English?

KodyWallice

KodyWallice

Reaction Score
I’m not sure about the Canon T6. Did you check the settings menu? Are the language options available?

KodyWallice

KodyWallice

Reaction Score

How to Set the Language on the Canon Rebel T7i (800D)​

The Canon Rebel T7i offers 25 languages from which to choose for its display. That’s quite a lot of languages, so it’s important to choose one you’re able to read while using your camera. Luckily, doing so is super easy.

To set your camera’s language, turn it on and press the Menu button in the rear upper left corner. Then, use either the dial on top of the camera or the left and right arrow buttons on the rear of the camera to navigate to the second yellow option screen identified by a wrench. Then, use the up and down arrow buttons to navigate down to the Language option. When there, press the Set button that’s located in the center of the arrow buttons.

On the next screen, you should see all of the available language options, from English to Francais to Nederlands to Dansk. To choose one of these languages, simply use the up, down, left and right arrow buttons to navigate to it. Then, press the Set button to accept your change. Once finished, press the camera’s shutter button half way down to exit the menu area.