Search

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.7L Power Stroke V8 Turbo Diesel

• Thread starter Cameron
  • Start date
Cameron

Cameron

Reaction Score
I think I squeezed all the specs into that title. If I missed something, please let me know.

Alright, to jump right to the point of this post, I’d like to tell you that I picked up a sweet looking used pickup truck yesterday. I traded in my beloved 2008 BMW X5 and brought home a very clean 2008 Ford F250. I’m still distressed a small bit because I loved that X5, but I’ll share my reasoning of what I did below.

Back in 2008 when I bought my X5, I did so because it was a very versatile vehicle. It was the very first SUV I’ve ever owned and I was in need of what some of the SUVs out there could offer. Mainly the extra room they have over a regular sedan as well as a ball hitch. I figured I’d have the car until the day it expired and the purchase made sense to me. And even to this day, it still makes sense. The car has brought me many places and the utility of it has assisted on many occasions.

Here’s the thing – since I arrived in Arizona, the only place I’ve really been driving to at any length is Jiu-Jitsu class in Phoenix. I’ve been using my car because my lady's has been holed up in the garage, unregistered. We simply haven’t had a use for it.

Well, just the other day, I got a crazy idea. I explained to my lady that if we put her car on the road, we can start driving that around to save money on gas. If we do that, I can park my car in the garage and not drive it, saving the expense of fuel and wear and tear. She agreed with that logic, so we went ahead and took care of things at motor vehicles earlier this week.

As soon as we did this, I began thinking of how useless my X5 had become. Once it would be relegated to the confines of the garage, I would have no need for it. And if we ever decide to tow anything again, I felt that my car simply wouldn’t do. It was good for what we’ve done in the past, but I’m quite certain that future towing jobs are going to require more muscle.

To make a long story short, I felt that a nice Ford F250 Diesel would fit the bill for my future plans. So, I found one that I liked, had it shipped to a store nearby and went and made the switch yesterday. And all the while, I pat myself on the back for making the early investment in a very expensive BMW, so one day when I want to trade it in for a huge truck, I can do so at very little expense.

I just took some pictures outside. I’ll post them below, but I warn you, this blog can very easily turn into a Ford F250 blog. There are tons of gadgets out there that I would love to research and talk about. A new triple ball hitch being one of them. All right, you’ve been warned.

2008-ford-f250-super-duty.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-bed.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-diesel-truck.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-doors-open.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-front-grill.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-front-interior.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-interior-seats.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-rear-side.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-side-grill.jpg 2008-ford-f250-super-duty-side-view.jpg